Tuesday 8 May 2012

A trip to A & E

We have all been in that position where we needed to go to A&E. Well recently I was put in that position. It all started like this:

08:00pm- having a nice lasagne
08:30pm- feel wheezy (having an asthma attack)
08:35pm- sit down, feel extremely hot (as if you are in a hot country)
08:37pm- decide to go home to get my inhaler.
08:42pm- arrive home, take inhaler.
08:43pm- still feel hot, so pour water on face.
08:44pm- look in mirror and notice a rash on my face
08.46pm- decide to go to hospital
08.47pm- rush out the house and into the car and off to hospital
08.52pm- arrive at Hospital and register
08.55pm- Nurse calls my name and I examines me
08.57pm- questions me and decides to give me PIRITON!
09.00pm- feel much better, rash starts to die down
10.00pm- fell much better, but still a bit itchy
11.00pm- fed up of sitting in A&E for two hours, want to go home!
11.30pm- Doctor and Nurse question me, they give me the all clear and off I go!

My visit to A&E has taught me a few Lessons! They are:
  1. Never eat Quorn (I am allergic to this!)
  2. If you have an allergic reaction, call the ambulance and take some Piriton.
  3. Always keep your inhaler with you!
  4. Doctors and Nurses have a tough life
  5. Be grateful for hospitals, many don't have them
 

No comments: